Pages

February 17, 2012

English Week

Well, the week is almost over. Notice the almost there? Huh? I guess you didn't.

It had been a hectic week. With all the assignments and English Week. Actually, I also went to KL with my friends to watch theatre but that's another story.

Oh, English Week. Why, why oh why are you here? Isn't it enough seeing me spending more time on my lappy actually doing work rather than 9gag?

maybe not...that often

Anyway, this week, I was the emcee (ehem, master of ceremony albeit  informal one). Yes, me! The one who stutter, and have T-rex in the tummy when going up front. I love talking and holding the mic. What I hate is just making mistake. I know that mistakes are inevitable when you're human. When you see the almost perfect someone who always had that air of confidence, don't you feel like shrivelling up and die. With the awesome, husky voice that I got (which I still don't know how it happen), me and Emy conducted all of the competition. I hope I didn't do too bad.

Besides that, I'd also join public speaking. I simply used what I'd done in high school. The categories of friends- acquaintances, play mates and best friends. The topic is easier to be manipulated and extended and stuff. Winning is not a priority after seeing Hanan, Kak Rita and Xera as well.

We also had singing competition. That was the day I lost my voice, so I didn't get to sing. Now, finally I can use the expression of 'I sound like a cat drowning when singing". Despite all of that, after the competition, me, Mai and Emy were like singing With You- Chris Brown.

With the lyrics in Mai's lappy and a bit of shyness, we rock the booth. I guess people were probably shoving earbuds as to protect their precious ears. So much for sounding decent.

Choral speaking was no better. tesl A, C and B were all freaking awesome. Compare to them, we look like nerds.



Haha. :D Although with all the complains and hardship, I actually enjoyed this week being with my classmates... plus, I get to take of the booth and sell food The not-so-happy thought is I spend too much money at the booth. Ooh, the temptation.

It's also Emy's birthday today. he's super happy, but I don't know why  people are excited on becoming older. i wish my birthday would not come at let me be 18 forever. Huhu, I wish. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment