Pages

November 6, 2012

#12 An Abundance of Katherine


Title: An Abundance of Katherines
Author: John Green

Look at the cover will you, it doesn't look much right. They This book has a lot of recommendations but I don't think I like it much. (I like it, but not love it, get what I mean?)

The characters are interesting but not developed much. They say Hassan is interesting, and I agree quite a bit. He is exactly like a Muslim who don't really go by the Muslim rules, well much like other people with different religion. Youngsters nowadays really care less about their belief. Mind you, I'm not exactly above him since I'm almost as bad as him.

However, my opinion on Colin is just that he want to be someone in the world. he felt like he is a nobody even if he's a prodigy. He is a prodigy just not a genius. He knows a lot of facts and trivia but I see that he just remembers them but not using them in real life. If he can connect between the stories he read and his life, he could avoid all the teen angst and bullying. I suppose, that might have been the writers intention. I mean, people read but they simply ingest the word but not digesting them. It is like when we are studying, we can not simply read, we must understand.

It is quite absurd of him to date nineteen different Katherine and was dumped by most of them. It could be because he likes being different. Different is good but it is best not to be whole other dimension of weird.

What I can say is, this story is too simple but long. In the end he got a girl who is not called Katherine (what a shocker, note the sarcasm), his friend who stubbornly refuse to attend college finally did, and he somewhat learn how to make friends. I think this is suitable for leisure reading as it does not require much thinking and it'll amuse you with never-ending facts.
Here are the other covers... told you the book is famous. 

Sadly, I don't think all of these covers are published.

There are more, so if you're interested, just google the book cover, Adios chickas.

 



4 comments:

  1. 19 different katherines??????? WHATT?? hahaha absurd!!.. you should read john green's the fault in our starsss... i love that book soo soo sooo much~!.. dont know if you will tho.. heee

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow GG, you read a lot. I've only finished like 1 novel which i bought during foundation. SALUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee, thanks. i used up all my spare time to read...which makes me neglect my studies a bit. =,='

      Delete